KSC loses in overtime to Colby-Sawyer College with a final score of
3-2 .

The Owls started off strong, with University of New England transfer sophomore Grace Bazin putting them on the board for an early lead. Yet the Owls started to lose momentum after the first quarter, Colby-Sawyer was up with a 10-4 advantage in corners.

With the game tied in the 4th quarter (1-1) fifth year Hailey Patridge at the top of the circle was able to find Irini Stefanakos who made the goal giving the Owls a lead with ten minutes left on the clock. Right after this, senior goalkeeper and captain Molly Edmark, entered the game specifically for Colby-Sawyer’s penalty stroke. This pays off as Edmarks makes a great play and stops Colby-Sawyer’s Aleah Murph’s shot, keeping the Owls lead.

However, with only minutes left on the clock Colby-Sawyer’s Taylor Gaudette tied the game at 2-2, sending it into overtime.

As the 7-v-7 overtime session goes on, Stefanakos tried to find an open shot, but ended up overshooting to the left of her target. Patridge, who was outside of the circle, hit the ball into the circle hoping to find a tip, but it ended up out of bounds to the right of the cage. On the restart the Owls’ defenders retreated, and with just over two minutes on the clock, Murph crossed the midfield line and was able to make a pass to Ryleigh LaPorte who slid a shot to the right of sophomore goalkeeper Clara Gorman, ending the game with a final score of 3-2.


KSC brings in a win against Worcester State and celebrates Stefanakos hits her 100th career goal

The Owls had a complete turn around from their home opener Wednesday, this time finding a 4-2 win over the Worcester State Lancers.

Junior Elizabeth Gonyea scored the Owls’ first goal 7:40 into the game. This would be the only goal either team made in the first half.

The Lancers were able to find more offensive chances in the second half, yet it wasn’t enough. Junior Irini Stefankos was able to hit her milestone not long into the second half, with a corner push to the top of the circle, which led to successful passes from Sophomore Grace Murphy, to Junior Molly Murray, to Freshmen Meghan Daileanes, then back to Stefankos to get it past WSU goalkeeper Madison Ferrara bringing the game to 2-0.

Moving into the final 15 minutes, the Owls tried to keep the momentum. Stefankos made a strong dish to sophomore Grace Bazin who slipped a shot past Ferrara and brought the Owls to 3-0 with only 9:21 to go.

Worcester State would not stand for a shutout, and with just under 7 minutes remaining, Natalya Morin put them on the board. Murray responded quickly, and at the 55:46 mark she brought back the Owls’ three point advantage. With the game coming to a close, Worcester State’s Zoe Athanasopoulos found one last shot with under 2 minutes remaining. The final score was set in stone at 4-2 for the Owls.

Nikolas O’Connor can be contacted at

Jo Pancake / Photo Editor

Share and Enjoy !