Peanut butter power balls are a high-protein snack that can work as a little extra something to help you reach your nutrient needs. While they are not low-calorie, these little clusters will help fill you up and keep you satisfied between meals. They’re quick and easy to make and taste delicious! Always feel free to substitute and mess around with ingredients to make the recipe your own. For instance, for additional protein you could add 1/3 cup protein powder of choice. Instead of peanut butter, a different nut butter such as almond, cashew or sunflower seed could be used. It is also possible to substitute honey with a different oil or syrup with similar constancy, such as coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Start by mixing the wet ingredients, the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until smooth and completely integrated.
- Next combine dry ingredients, flaxseed meal, unsweetened shredded coconut, rolled oats, mini chocolate chips and chia seeds to the bowl. While mixing, the product will start to become dough-like and may be easier to handle manually. If the mixture is too wet, try adding some more oats.
- Roll the mixture into balls and you’re set to enjoy! These will stay good in the fridge for about a week. You can also freeze them to have them last longer.