- Cut open the pumpkin and remove its guts.
- Separate the seeds from the guts.
- Boil the seeds in very salty water for 10 minutes (the saltier the water the saltier your seeds will be.)
- Strain the seeds out of the water and lay them all flat on a baking sheet. Make sure it is a single row, so the seeds brown evenly. I added more salt and some garlic powder to my seeds, but in hindsight I would have left out the garlic powder. If you have a seasoning you really like though now is the time to add it.
- Bake the seeds at 400 degrees. Check on them every two minutes, it will take anywhere from five to 10 minutes for them to become golden, but overcooking them even a little bit makes them taste like burnt popcorn.
- Take them out of the oven and store them in an airtight container once they have cooled down.