As the NBA playoffs take off my go-to game day food for all sporting events is buffalo chicken wontons. These bite-sized snacks are packed with spice and crunch, providing a delicious American spin on the original Chinese wonton.
– 1 package of egg roll wraps
– 1 package of boneless chicken breast
– 1 bottle of Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce
– 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 package of crumbled blue cheese
– 1 package of cream cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 package of celery sticks and blue cheese dressing to dip in.
1) Cook chicken in a crock pot for several hours until chicken is cooked through and starts to shred on its own.
2) Once the chicken has started to shred, take it out and continue to cut the chicken into thin strips and chunks.
3) Set chicken aside and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) In a large bowl mix the package of cream cheese, blue cheese and cheddar together with a hand mixer until blended.
5) Next, slowly add in chicken and continue to mix until blended.
6) Once chicken and cheese are blended, add buffalo sauce (more or less, depending on how hot you want it).
7) Lay out the egg roll wrappers and scoop spoonfulls of the chicken, cheese and sauce mixture onto wrapper.
8) Fold the wrapper diagonally, corner-to-corner.
9) Lay the wontons on a cookie sheet and bake for nine minutes.
10) Serve with celery and blue cheese, and enjoy!