- 1/3 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/8 cup olives
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 4 sliced strawberries
- ¼ sliced apples
- ¼ sliced tomatoes
- 1/8 sliced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup sliced walnuts
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1 Cup salad greens mix
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Slice the bell pepper, strawberries, apple, tomato and cucumber as desired
- Place the garbanzo beans and olives into container and top with the sliced ingredients from Step 1.
- Place the walnuts and hemp hearts on top.
- Top the container with salad greens, but leave room at the top for salad dressing.
- Add salad dressing, close the lid, shake and enjoy.
Comment: Don’t sell your used salsa and sauce jars short, they make the perfect container for a convenient pick-me-up during or in-between classes. The glass jars are durable enough to toss in your bag for your walk and can help control the portions of your snacks. The varieties of colors in this salad recipe are bright enough to combat any gray Monday morning this spring semester. Feel free to add your own twists and get as creative as you’d like.