- 1 soft large Avocado (makes about 2 servings or 1 cup of Guac)
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder (or fresh minced garlic)
- 1/8 tsp Paprika (smoked paprika is a great alternative)
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 1/16 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/16 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lime Juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 small Diced Tomato [optional]
- Blue Tortilla Chips
Homemade guac is one of the new up and coming health trends! This healthy snack alternative is great because avocados are often labeled as a “super food,” due to the fact that they have so many vitamins and nutrients that are important to the body, such as essential omega-3 fatty-acids.
These fats help keep you feeling full and satisfied longer. It is super fast and easy to make yourself with fresh ingredients, which cuts out a lot of unhealthy preservatives and makes it taste much better.
All you have to do is mash the avocado with a fork then mix in the spices, seasonings and diced tomato.
Serve with blue corn chips or another whole grain chip for a healthier snack alternative.
Ali Fitzgerald can be contacted at email@example.com