Having a spur of the moment get together at your place and not sure what to put out for food? With only five ingredients and 15 minutes needed for prep time, this taco dip is the perfect last minute snack that both you and your guests will love!
- 8 oz. tub of plain cream cheese
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 packet of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of olives
- 2 jalapenos (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the tub of cream cheese at the bottom of a dish pan that is approximately 2 to 3 inches in height.
- Once the cream cheese is spread over the entire bottom of the pan/dish, add 2 cups of salsa and spread the salsa over the cream cheese.
- After the salsa is spread over the cream cheese, take the packet of cheddar cheese and begin sprinkling the cheese over the salsa. It is up to you how much cheese you would like to use. I usually use just enough to make the salsa no longer visible.
- Using a knife, cut 10 to 15 olives in half. Place these olives on top of the cheese. For the best results, place the olives apart from one another.
- If you and your friends enjoy spicy snacks, cut up 2 jalapenos and place them on the cheese alongside the olives.
- Place the taco dip inside the oven for ten minutes, or until cheese appears fully melted.
- Serve your taco dip with some tortilla chips as an appetizer! The leftovers can also be used as a meal if put inside a tortilla wrap.
Amy Donovan can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org