For this week’s eating with The Equinox I am going to tell you how to make stuffed French toast.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal because it’s really good at any time of the day, not just in the morning.
Growing up, bacon and scrambled eggs were the first things I learned how to make on my own – so breakfast has always had a place not only in my stomach but also in my heart.
However, stuffed French toast is something that I just recently started making.
My boyfriend’s mother makes it a lot and after having hers I decided this was something I had to know how to make on my own.
-White Texas Toast bread
-½ cup milk
-1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
-1 tablespoon of cinnamon
-1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
-Fruit of your choice (I used bananas and strawberries)
-8 ounce package of cream cheese
-1 stick of butter
1. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Next, slice fruit into very thin slices.
3. After, take a medium sized pan (or griddle if you have one) and put a small slice of butter on the griddle on medium heat and let the butter melt.
4. While the butter is melting, spread cream cheese onto two slices of bread.
5. Dip one slice of bread into the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sugar mixture.
6. Then put one piece of bread on the griddle. Layer the fruit on top of the cream cheese and cook until golden brown.
7. Next, take another slice of bread and dip it into mixture and place on griddle and layer fruit.
8. Put the already cooked slice of toast on top of the piece cooking.
9. Cook until golden brown, then remove from heat.
10. Now your French toast should be warm and the cream cheese should be warmed but not melted.
11. For extra flavor I top my French toast with butter, maple syrup and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar.