Who doesn’t love a good cake? So fluffy, so moist, so delicious! Now let’s imagine that cake and add some apples and brown sugar to it. Is your mouth watering yet? Today I’m going to show you how to make an apple cake! It’s nothing like your traditional apple pie, but it will surely keep you reaching for more. Here’s how to make it:
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
For apple mixture:
6 apples, peeled, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt until crumbly for the topping.
3. In another medium bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
5. Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle Topping evenly over top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Laura Romaniello can be contacted at