Follow-up on Friday’s power outage
The power outage on Friday was caused by a malfunctioning gear shift inside the transformer by the Redfern Arts Center. The power began flickering all over campus and the fire department arrived having heard reports of a smoking transformer. Keene Fire Chief Mark Howard said upon arrival, their first response was to evacuate the building and isolate the problem. The power came back to campus around 4 p.m.. The Redfern, however, remained powerless until Hamblet Electric was able to make repairs.