Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t let college get in the way. Overnight oats are quick, cheap and easy to do. It also makes for a delicious and nutritious breakfast or snack. This recipe is for a batch of apple cinnamon overnight oats, but the recipe can be easily substituted with other fruits or toppings based on preference. These ingredients are very easily attainable and most can be found on campus.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- Place half a cup of oats into a container of your choice (preferably something with a top).
- Pour milk and your yogurt of choice over the oats.
- Chop up some apples so that they are bite size and add into the container. Apples can be peeled or the skin can be left on for extra nutrients and fiber.
- Add cinnamon and honey to flavor and sprinkle the chia seeds on top for both texture and nutrients. These three ingredients are all optional.
- Top the container and refrigerate. The snack will be ready within a few hours and can last a few days in the refrigerator.